教育部於2014年1月於國家教育研究院成立「亞太地區美感教育研究室」(Asia-Pacific Office for Aesthetic Education, 簡稱APOAE)，以「美感教育研究發展基地」為設立願景，透過長期且系統性研究發展，並且連結亞太地區重要的美感教育研究社群，進行美感教育課程發展與教材教法之研發與實驗，並且透過後設分析看見臺灣美感教育的影響力，逐年累積充實國內美感教育的研究資料，提供政策、研究與實務之參考。除此之外，分享研究成果以擴展臺灣美感教育之視野與影響力，計畫六大理念包括一、美感教育在於提升國民美感素養；二、美感素養啟蒙於幼兒奠基於中小學階段；三、藝術教育是美感教育的核心；四、教師與行政人員美感素養是美感教育實施的關鍵；五、文化學習是美感教育趨勢；六、連結亞太研究社群擴展臺灣美感教育影響力。
Asia-Pacific Office for Aesthetic Education (APOAE), founded in January 2014 by the Ministry of Education to operate under the National Academy for Educational Research, sets sights on becoming a research hub for aesthetic education. We are involved in long-running and systematic research and, at the same time, connect with other similar communities in the Asia Pacific region. The efforts combine to facilitate our dedication to exploring fresh approaches, including curriculum and pedagogy, to aesthetic education. By conducting meta-analysis, we gain insight into the impact of aesthetic education in Taiwan. Years of research data allow us to build a solid source of references for policies, further research, and practice. Moreover, research results are shared with other communities with the goal of broadening the vision for and the impact of aesthetic education.
We are guided by six major principles:
- Aesthetic education is aimed at enhancing aesthetic literacy among citizens.
- Aesthetic education should begin at preschool age and take hold in elementary and high schools.
- Art education is the heart of aesthetic education.
- Aesthetically-literate teachers and administrators are the key to aesthetic education.
- Cultural learning is a key trend of aesthetic education.
- Broaden the impact of Taiwan’s aesthetic education by connecting with communities in the region.